How to style a mantel for any season
- Gather all of the things you think you might want to use.
- Make sure your items are varied in size
- Start with a blank canvas, meaning you want to remove everything on your mantel.
- Once everything is off your mantel… Dust it
Here comes the fun part…
- Start with your base, this will be your biggest item/s that will anchor the look of your mantel. I used empty picture frames
Next add your medium items
- Bottles, vases, little stools, signs and books are great choices here.
Add your florals
- By adding florals as I have done, you are adding color and texture
OK we are almost done
- Now lets add our small items to fill in some space and add character. Since this is a fall mantel I went with different textured pumpkins and a little candelabra.
- Stand back and look to see if it looks balanced and if it pleasing to your eye.
- Take a picture and see if anything stands out. Sometimes we see things in photo we don’t see in person. If you see something that needs attention make the adjustments.
- Finally take a picture and posted it on Instagram make sure you tag #eventanddecorconcepts
I hope you found how to style your mantel helpful.
Please comment with any questions you may have.
If you want a beautiful mantel but don’t know where to start or maybe you don’t have time to decorate, this is a service my interior design company offers.